Diffusion called in for SumUp mobile commerce launch
Diffusion has been called in by SumUp to launch its mobile payment system in the UK and Ireland following a competitive pitch.
Enabling mobile payment: SumUp
The agency will run SumUp's social media as well as a traditional campaigns, primarily targeting businesses but also highlighting the benefits to consumers at point of sale and targeting investors.
Diffusion’s head of mobile Ivana Farthing said: ‘SumUp is the kind of company we love working with. It is solving a real business issue, and is one of the first companies of its kind entering the UK and Irish marketplace.
‘The role of the mobile phone is evolving and we’re excited to be working with an innovator such as SumUp. We’re confident that our industry expertise and understanding of integrated PR tactics will help raise awareness of SumUp to drive adoption of the technology in both regions.’
The SumUp card reader can be connected to mobile phones, allowing it to process card payments via the app. It enables merchants, particularly small businesses, to process payment at a lower cost than using static payment terminals provided by banks.
SumUp MD Stefan Jeschonnek said: ‘By harnessing the boom in mobile technology, SumUp helps merchants take control of their cash flow so they can get paid immediately and never need to worry about missing out on a sale.
'We’ve partnered with Diffusion to launch SumUp in the UK and Ireland due to its solid understanding of the industry and specialist experience in the mobile and business space.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...