RSPCA appoints Guide Dogs' David Cowdrey as head of comms
The RSPCA has appointed a head of comms who joins from Guide Dogs.
RSPCA: A recent campaign by the charity
David Cowdrey, who currently heads up comms, campaigns and public affairs teams at Guide Dogs, has been appointed head of comms at the RSPCA.
Cowdrey will begin his new role on 17 December. He has previously worked at World Wildlife Fund as the head of press and media relations and as a campaign director.
He has also worked in media, marketing and publications roles for the Environment Agency and National Rivers Authority.
Cowdrey said: ‘I’m very excited to be joining the RSPCA at such an important time in its history and look forward to developing a strong communications framework in driving the organisation's brand and profile forward.
‘This role will combine both my passion for communications and animal welfare and will help to inform and change public opinion on key campaigns like live animal exports, badger culling and responsible dog ownership.’
The appointment follows the news that the RSPCA has appointed former NSPCC director of child protection consultancy John Grounds as director of marketing and campaigns.
Cowdrey joins the RSPCA after a year in which Guide Dogs achieved national media coverage on campaigns including responsible dog ownership, while lobbying for compulsory microchipping.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London