'Cultural similarities' behind John Doe opening office in New York
Agency bosses have pointed to the 'cultural similarities' of New York and the UK, as John Doe becomes the latest agency to launch an office in the Big Apple.
Agency openings: New York
John Doe, which won Small Consultancy of the Year at the PRWeek Awards last week, follows Diffusion and Frank PR in opening an office in New York this year.
John Doe founder Rana Reeves, who is setting up the agency’s US office, explained that the city’s cultural similarities to the UK made it much more likely that consumer agencies can succeed.
He added: ‘In a mature market any new player, whether in the US or London, has the ability to break the rules, which is interesting for brands.’
Graham Goodkind of Frank PR, which opened a New York-based office in July, agreed that the cultural similarities meant the move was an obvious one for any UK agency looking to expand. He added: ‘Having worked with most clients in most sectors for many years, there are many insights and learnings to bring to the US market.’
Diffusion MD Daljit Bhurji, whose firm launched a New York office in October, pointed out there was a gap in the market in the city for mid-sized agencies with an integrated approach to comms.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...