'Cultural similarities' behind John Doe opening office in New York
Agency bosses have pointed to the 'cultural similarities' of New York and the UK, as John Doe becomes the latest agency to launch an office in the Big Apple.
Agency openings: New York
John Doe, which won Small Consultancy of the Year at the PRWeek Awards last week, follows Diffusion and Frank PR in opening an office in New York this year.
John Doe founder Rana Reeves, who is setting up the agency’s US office, explained that the city’s cultural similarities to the UK made it much more likely that consumer agencies can succeed.
He added: ‘In a mature market any new player, whether in the US or London, has the ability to break the rules, which is interesting for brands.’
Graham Goodkind of Frank PR, which opened a New York-based office in July, agreed that the cultural similarities meant the move was an obvious one for any UK agency looking to expand. He added: ‘Having worked with most clients in most sectors for many years, there are many insights and learnings to bring to the US market.’
Diffusion MD Daljit Bhurji, whose firm launched a New York office in October, pointed out there was a gap in the market in the city for mid-sized agencies with an integrated approach to comms.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire
- Web Development Manager - UK & Ireland - Travel f1 Recruitment £50,000, Surrey
- Marketing Assistant Tomorrow Recruitment £18k - £20k, Central London