Federation of Bakers seeks agency to promote nutritional benefits of bread
The leading voice for UK bakeries has launched a creds hunt as it strives to promote the health benefits of bread.
Member: Warburtons is part of the Federation of Bakers
The Federation of Bakers, which includes brand heavyweights such as Kingsmill, Hovis and Warburtons as members, has teamed up with the Flour Advisory Bureau for the hunt.
PRWeek has seen documents revealing that the organisations are looking to bring in agency help ‘to raise awareness of the nutritional and health benefits of bread and the bread industry as a whole’.
News of the search comes as the market has been hit by negative publicity around widely reported rises in wheat prices owing to adverse weather conditions.
There have been price rises of up to 20p per loaf during the past three months as a result of previous droughts in the US and floods in the UK.
A well-placed agency source said: ‘There is obviously an issue with wheat prices in terms of them going up, and recently there have also been mixed messages around what types of bread are healthy and which are not. Both of these things are likely to be an issue for consideration.’
The source added: ‘There will be companies trying hard to stay on consumers’ shopping lists, in what is an increasingly competitive market, with a whole range of products looking to fill the snacking gap especially.’
The UK baking industry is worth £3bn annually and employs more than 20,000 people.
The Federation of Bakers has nine member firms, while the Flour Advisory Bureau provides information on all matters relating to flour and bread in the UK to the public, media, schools and health professionals, as well as the catering, retailing and baking trades.
The Federation of Bakers declined to comment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...