CIPR to list all members online to increase accountability
The CIPR is naming all members on its website in a move to increase the accountability of PR people.
CIPR's Jane Wilson: All members to be listed
The industry body will show a list of all members online from 1 December, as it seeks to highlight their accountability to the CIPR code of conduct, with the aim of improving regulation of the industry.
The CIPR is to launch a dedicated web page with a sample register entry, the code of conduct and other information. This will open a discussion period in which members can raise any concerns they may have about the move.
CIPR CEO Jane Wilson said: ‘Under our Royal Charter, CIPR has a duty to promote for the public benefit, standards of practice and professional conduct on the part of public relations professionals.
‘The aim is to reinforce the structure of professional self-regulation provided by the CIPR. Alongside other bodies such PRCA and APPC, we want employers, clients and others to be able to identify regulated professionals who have made a clear commitment to accountability a standards of professional conduct.
‘We also want employers and clients to understand that by engaging a CIPR member, they will be working with an accountable professional who has access to resources that support best practice and personal career development.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £55k - £60k, London, Soho
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...