Fleishman-Hillard brought in for Illinois tourism drive
The Illinois Office of Tourism has brought in Fleishman-Hillard to promote the US state to holidaymakers in the UK.
Chicago White Sox at US Cellular Field (Credit: City of Chicago/Chris McGuire)
Fleishman-Hillard will manage trade and consumer media and blogger relations for the rest of the year and throughout 2013. The agency will also provide support for key trade shows and manage the tourism board's Facebook page, Discover Illinois UK.
The work will focus on raising awareness of attractions across the State such as the city of Chicago, the famous Wrigley Field baseball stadium and Lake Michigan.
Illinois international tourism trade manager Jan Kemmerling said: ‘Illinois offers the ultimate American experience, from the excitement of a world-class city to the charm of America’s heartland.
‘With a state so diverse, it can satisfy even the most demanding traveller and it is important that we have a solid UK marketing programme in place to accommodate this.’
The work forms part of the multi-million-dollar account for Illinois' tourism domestically and abroad, which was awarded to Fleishman-Hillard in the US in March. It was previously held by Edelman for almost two decades.
Fleishman-Hillard will work closely with JWT, which handles Illinois Toursim’s advertising from its Chicago and London offices. Cellet Travel Services has been appointed to handle the state’s marketing among the travel trade and to consumers.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland