Fleishman-Hillard brought in for Illinois tourism drive
The Illinois Office of Tourism has brought in Fleishman-Hillard to promote the US state to holidaymakers in the UK.
Chicago White Sox at US Cellular Field (Credit: City of Chicago/Chris McGuire)
Fleishman-Hillard will manage trade and consumer media and blogger relations for the rest of the year and throughout 2013. The agency will also provide support for key trade shows and manage the tourism board's Facebook page, Discover Illinois UK.
The work will focus on raising awareness of attractions across the State such as the city of Chicago, the famous Wrigley Field baseball stadium and Lake Michigan.
Illinois international tourism trade manager Jan Kemmerling said: ‘Illinois offers the ultimate American experience, from the excitement of a world-class city to the charm of America’s heartland.
‘With a state so diverse, it can satisfy even the most demanding traveller and it is important that we have a solid UK marketing programme in place to accommodate this.’
The work forms part of the multi-million-dollar account for Illinois' tourism domestically and abroad, which was awarded to Fleishman-Hillard in the US in March. It was previously held by Edelman for almost two decades.
Fleishman-Hillard will work closely with JWT, which handles Illinois Toursim’s advertising from its Chicago and London offices. Cellet Travel Services has been appointed to handle the state’s marketing among the travel trade and to consumers.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...