Fishburn Hedges' head of public affairs Dermot Finch joins The Prince's Trust
Fishburn Hedges’ head of public affairs is set to leave the agency to join youth charity The Prince’s Trust.
Dermot Finch: leaving Fishburn Hedges
Dermot Finch, who founded think-tank Centre for Cities, is joining the charity as regional director in the south of England. Finch has worked at Fishburn Hedges for two years.
He will be responsible for the delivery of all Prince’s Trust programmes in the south, which has supported more than 11,000 unemployed young people this year.
Finch said: ‘I am thrilled to be joining The Prince’s Trust, as this is a cause that has always been close to my heart. Too many young people across the UK are facing long-term unemployment and I am passionate about working with employers and local authorities to help them back into work.’
Finch started his career as a Treasury official, and has also worked in the British Embassy in Washington DC as an economic attaché.
He then launched and ran Centre for Cities, where he worked closely with cities such as Bristol, Brighton, Hastings and Swindon as well as several London boroughs, helping them boost their economic performance.
Martina Milburn, chief executive of The Prince’s Trust, said: ‘Dermot will bring a wealth of experience to The trust, helping us transform young lives across the south of England. We look forward to welcoming him to the team.’
Fishburn Hedges CEO Fiona Thorne said that the agency will be recruiting for a number of roles after it reviews its public affairs proposition.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...