Hanover lands EADS and Airbus public affairs work
Airbus and parent company EADS have brought in public affairs support following the abandoned merger with BAE.
High flyers: Airbus has called in agency help for public affairs
Airbus is a French aircraft manufacturing subsidiary of EADS, the European aerospace firm that produces more than half of the world’s jet airliners.
The firms have retained Hanover to provide public affairs counsel for their UK operations. Hanover replaces Good Relations Political, which has held the accounts for the past three years. The brief is thought to be worth £200,000.
The agency has been charged with enhancing the reputation and strategic positioning of Airbus and EADS with political stakeholders in the UK, focusing on Whitehall, Westminster and the devolved regions.
The news comes after EADS was forced to abandon its £30bn merger talks with BAE last month after the German Chancellor Angela Merkel personally intervened to block the deal.
It is understood that EADS has brought in fresh help because it felt there was ‘insufficient understanding’ of the depth of its business and the contribution it makes to manufacturing in the UK.
The Hanover team will also work to promote lesser-known EADS businesses Astrium, Cassidian, Eurocopter and Innovation Works.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...