Leicester seeks agency help as city awaits answer to Richard III mystery
A comms hunt is on to help boost Leicester's tourism as the city awaits confirmation that recently discovered remains are those of Richard III.
Leicester: seeking agency to boost awareness of its cultural heritage
Leicester City Council has launched a tender for a PR agency to help raise awareness of the city and its cultural significance.
The tender comes as the city awaits results from DNA tests into whether bones found in a city car park are those of the famous monarch.
City centre director Sarah Harrison said that the council had last worked with an agency – McCann Erickson – in 2010.
She explained that, although the tender was not directly related to the remains being found, the retained work would focus on ‘establishing a strong identity for the city'.
It’s about making sure we create awareness of the strong offer we have here, whether it is in terms of heritage, entertainment or shopping. Should the remains we found last year be those of Richard III then that will obviously be an exciting springboard for the city, and would act as a great platform to promote a history that spans 2,000 years.’
Richard III’s life was dramatised by William Shakespeare, and he died at the Battle of Bosworth in 1485 during the Wars of the Roses.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...