Brighter Group brought in for Iceland tourism drive
Promote Iceland, the Icelandic tourism board, has brought in travel specialist Brighter Group as its retained agency to boost visitors to the country.
Iceland tourism: Boosting visitor numbers
The agency will promote Iceland as a travel destination outside of the peak travel season and widen coverage away from the travel sector, targeting both consumer and trade press. Brighter Group won the account following a pitch process involving three other agencies.
Brighter Group executive chairman Steve Dunne said: ‘This is a fantastic way to start the New Year for Brighter and we’re delighted to add such a high profile country to our growing tourist board portfolio. The team at Brighter has a real enthusiasm for the tourism product in Iceland and we look forward to progressing with an exciting PR campaign throughout 2013.’
Previously, Promote Iceland worked with The Saltmarsh Partnership, but the relationship ended following the agency’s demise in May 2012. The account will be lead by senior account manager Jenny Groutage, who worked on the account at Saltmarsh.
Promote Iceland is the second account picked up by the agency from Saltmarsh’s liquidation. It won a brief for the Taiwan Tourism Bureau in October.
Creative agency Brooklyn Brothers produced a Cannes award winning campaign ‘Inspired by Iceland’ in 2012 for Promote Iceland, picking up a Gold Lion in the PR category.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...