Former LOCOG PR head Joanna Manning-Cooper joins England Rugby 2015
England Rugby 2015 (ER2015), the tournament organiser of the Rugby World Cup 2015, has appointed Joanna Manning-Cooper as comms and marketing director.
Joanna Manning-Cooper: Joining England Rugby 2015
The newly created position will be part of the ER 2015 leadership team and will see Manning-Cooper take responsibility for ticketing and volunteering campaigns, promoting the tournament, managing the ER2015 brand, implementation of the Rugby World Cup brand, media relations, running the press office and co-ordinating press operations.
Most recently Manning-Cooper was head of PR and media at LOCOG for more than six years, where she was responsible for global PR and media activity to promote the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.Before her work at LOCOG she was director of global comms at the Financial Times.
Manning-Cooper starts in her new role next week and will report directly to Debbie Jevans, chief executive of ER2015.
Jevans commented: ‘We want Rugby World Cup 2015 in England to be the best World Cup ever. With less than 1,000 days to go to the tournament we are strengthening our senior team, and Joanna has been appointed following a competitive recruitment process for this important new role within the ER2015 leadership team.
‘Joanna did an exceptional job for London 2012, and her skills and experience in major sporting events will be a great asset as we promote Rugby World Cup 2015 to the world.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...