Newgate snares former KGA exec Richard Barton to open Hong Kong office
Newgate Communications has hired a former Kreab Gavin Anderson managing partner to establish its first Asian office, in Hong Kong.
Richard Barton: Leading Newgate's first Asian venture
The Porta Communications-owned agency has brought in Richard Barton, the former Asia managing partner of KGA, to run the newly established Hong Kong business.
Barton joins Newgate after 15 years at KGA, 12 of which were based in Asia running offices in Singapore and Hong Kong.
He left the agency in September with a number of other senior KGA figures after the group failed to take control of the business via an MBO.
Barton commented: ‘As Western companies continue to operate, invest and raise capital in Asia, and Asian businesses rapidly develop their global expansion plans, Newgate is well placed to advise clients across multiple geographies on a broad array of complex comms issues.
He added that Newgate, led by chairman Jonathan Clare in London, plans to broaden its Asia operations, which will include offices in Beijing and Singapore.
Barton is joined by another former colleague, Grace Zhang, as a partner in Hong Kong.
Clare added: ‘Hong Kong is an important bridgehead to the Greater China and broader Asian markets and marks a significant development for Newgate and its clients.
‘Richard has built a strong reputation for giving top quality client advice and building businesses during his years in Asia and we now look forward to establishing one of the leading networks in the region.’
Barton left KGA alongside the agency’s financial comms president Fergus Wylie, CFO Gene Golembeski and Japan managing partner Deborah Hayden. Hayden has since become regional director, capital markets & M&A, APAC at Edelman.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...