Tesco comms head Tom Curry departs for InterContinental Hotels
Tesco's group media relations director Tom Curry is departing the supermarket giant for a role at InterContinental Hotels Group.
Curry: Departing Tesco for IHG
Curry will take up the position of vice-president of global comms at the world’s largest hotel group, which owns chains such as Holiday Inn, InterContinental and Crowne Plaza.
He will report to IHG’s senior vice-president of global comms Yasmin Diamond.
Curry joined Tesco in August 2011 in the newly created role of UK head of comms and previously was head of media at the Olympic Delivery Authority. Curry took over the handling of all media in the UK and internationally following the departure of Trevor Datson in May 2012.
Curry has also held senior roles at Weber Shandwick, the Department of Education and Skills and the Department of Trade and Industry.
Tesco head of corporate media Tom Hoskin will fill the position vacated by Curry.
Curry’s departure is one of a number of recent changes in the supermarket’s senior comms line-up.
Brunswick partner Rebecca Shelley joined Tesco in May 2012 to take over corporate affairs duties from corporate and legal affairs director Lucy Neville-Rolfe, who retired on 2 January this year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...