Botox maker Allergan bolsters European comms with new hires
Medical and cosmetic healthcare firm Allergan, best known as the maker of Botox, has boosted its European comms capabilities with two important hires.
Allergan comms team: Bahar Turkoglu and Julia Kendrick
Allergan has poached Julia Kendrick and Bahar Turkoglu from Chandler Chicco Agency (CCA), the firm’s longstanding adviser in the UK and Europe.
Kendrick and Turkoglu will join EMEA corporate affairs and PR director Janet Kettels in two newly created roles as the company focuses on its medical aesthetics, neurosciences and ophthalmology business units.
Kendrick will handle corporate affairs and PR for Allergan’s medical aesthetics business, which includes Botox and dermal filler products, across the EMEA region.
She joins from Chandler Chicco, where she worked on Allergan and other pharma accounts such as Novartis. The move follows a 12-month secondment to Allergan from CCA. Previously, Kendrick held roles at Ketchum and Synergy Medical.
Turkoglu will manage corporate affairs and PR for the firm’s neuroscience and ophthalmology business, including chronic migraine and overactive bladder conditions throughout the EMEA region.
Kendrick and Turkoglu, who report directly to Kettels, will be based in Allergan’s UK office.
Demand for Botox has remained high despite the recession and is likely to grow as it is increasingly used as a medical treatment rather than for cosmetic purposes. Botox recently gained approval for use in treating chronic migraine pain. It is also expected to gain approval for use in bladder control treatment within the EU.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...