Property developer Redrow seeks help for London growth
A major player in the UK housing market is on the hunt for public affairs help as it seeks to strengthen its footprint in London.
Imposing: Redrow’s One Commercial Street development
Property developer Redrow is holding a pitch for both PA and PR work amid expansion plans within the capital.
The brief follows the firm being handed a slice of a ?London regeneration project worth potentially £900m.
Handed out by Westminster City Council to a panel of eight developers in December, the project will initially be worth around £400m and include more than 1,000 homes, with those on the panel tendering for parts of the project.
However, possible further work with the council’s tri-borough partners Hammersmith & Fulham and Kensington and Chelsea could push the total figure closer to the £1bn mark.
PRWeek understands the brief specifically called for comms aid around growth in London, with last year’s deal referenced.
A pitch for the work, which will initially be on an ad-hoc basis but may become a longer term engagement, is to take place later this month.
Redrow’s hunt comes after the opening of its first office in the capital and recent building schemes in Kingston and Ealing, as well as Commercial Street.
It also follows the news that pre-tax profits had gone up 70 per cent to £43m in the year to June 2012, despite a housing market that has struggled during the credit crunch.
Redrow declined to comment on the pitch process.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...