John Lewis appoints Peter Cross to replace Helen Dickinson in top comms role
John Lewis has appointed Peter Cross as its director of comms ahead of the departure of Helen Dickinson.
Peter Cross: To join John Lewis
Cross is to step into the role within the next few months. He is currently managing partner at Portas, which was previously called Yellowdoor.
Dickinson, who joined John Lewis in 2000, is leaving to take up consultancy work.
Cross will report to John Lewis MD Andy Street, who said: ‘Peter inherits an award-winning and highly effective comms team that has been developed under Helen's excellent leadership.
'He brings a unique mix of skills and unparalleled experience to John Lewis. It is extremely rare to find a comms specialist with such a broad understanding of the UK consumer and the revolution under way on the British high street. We are looking forward to him joining us immensely.’
Cross said: ‘To be asked to lead the comms challenge at John Lewis is a great privilege. I’ve watched the extraordinary rise and rise of Britain’s favourite retailer during recent years and am looking forward to helping Andy achieve the brand’s bullish ambitions over the next few years.’
At Portas, Cross worked alongside Mary Portas and has worked with brands including Westfield, Louis Vuitton, Clarks and Mercedes-Benz.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...