Edelman hires H+K's Duncan Gallagher to head crisis offering
Edelman has poached Duncan Gallagher from Hill+Knowlton Strategies to work in a new role leading its crisis and issues capabilities.
Duncan Gallagher: Edelman move
Gallagher will become head of crisis and issues, UK, taking over responsibilities previously overseen by Edelman’s deputy MD, corporate and financial, Scott Thomson.
Gallagher’s appointment follows two years as associate director and digital director for Hill+Knowlton’s own crises and issues team.
He will oversee all facets of Edelman’s crisis counsel in the UK, from advising clients to the development of manuals. Thomson will remain involved with the agency’s crises offer.
Alex Bigg, group MD of the corporate and financial practice, said: ‘Managing crises effectively is more challenging today than ever. Duncan is an exciting strategic hire. His expertise makes us better able to support clients as they deal with emergent reputational risks and ever greater scrutiny of stakeholders.’
Before joining Hill+Knowlton in 2010, Gallagher was Elliott People PR director.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...