Hit or Miss?: Nick Clegg lands weekly radio phone-in slot with LBC
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg is taking part in a weekly phone-in for London's LBC radio station.
Radio gaga?: Clegg to host weekly radio phone-in
With the Lib Dems flagging at nine per cent in the polls, Clegg announced the gig on the same day as the Government's Mid-Term Review. His 30-minute slot, dubbed 'Call Clegg', aims to 'keep in touch with how people are thinking and feeling'. From this week, Clegg will be heard alongside presenter Nick Ferrari every Thursday.
HOW I SEE IT
Nan Williams, CEO, Four Communications
I would love to say this was a hit as I am a firm believer in direct communication. Taking the temperature here at Four, there was an undercurrent of personal respect for Nick Clegg putting himself on the line and a feeling that he has nothing to lose.
Unfortunately, Clegg's position in the eyes of the public is far too deeply entrenched. He has lost trust for good because of early failed promises. Listeners who phone in will delight in reminding us of that. And the other parties will be busy lining up their supporters to phone in.
Announcing this on the day of the coalition's mid-term update was also a strange move and a distraction. But maybe that was the point?
The real winner, of course, is LBC, which has raised its profile and will undoubtedly get more listeners.
So it's a hit for LBC, but certainly not for Clegg.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...