UK sees corporate social media growth, Investis survey reveals
The number of UK corporates with a dedicated social media presence has increased three-fold over the past year, according to research from Investis.
London Stock Exchange: UK-listed firms increase social media presence
The digital corporate comms specialist found that 40 per cent of FTSE 250 companies have a corporate social media presence, up from just 14 per cent of companies a year ago.
Investis looked at companies with social media accounts used specifically for corporate comms and linked to from the corporate website.
Marcus Fergusson, head of social media at Investis, said: ‘We are now approaching a stage where talking about social media as an optional add-on is no longer relevant; it is rapidly becoming a day-to-day part of how communities communicate and as much a part of corporate communications as a press release or an RNS feed.’
The growth in social media use for UK-listed firms was mirrored across Europe, with companies' use of social media in Germany’s MDAX up from 20 per cent to 44 per cent while Switzerland’s SMI 20 now has 60 per cent of its constituents using social media.
Investis also ranked individual companies on the quality and performance of their corporate websites. Nestlé was the highest scoring firm of those surveyed, with engineering consultancy Atkins the best of the FTSE 250 firms, followed by constructions firm Balfour Beatty and low-cost air carrier easyJet in second and third respectively.
Investis’ survey was conducted in the fourth quarter of 2012 based on index constituents from the beginning of October.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...