Chief Fire Officers Association appoints Sarah Smith as comms head
A key body representing fire brigade staff has strengthened its comms operation amid the Government's spending clampdown.
CFOA head of comms: Sarah Smith
The Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) has appointed Sarah Smith to the new role of head of comms.
Smith, who most recently worked for affordable housing contractor Wates Living Space as its corporate affairs manager, said: 'The CFOA is increasing its lobbying and the profile of the brand to ensure the fire and rescue service receives the recognition and influence it merits.
'As a membership body for fire service chiefs, the objective is to lead from a centre stage. There has never been a more important time in terms of the economic climate and cuts across the public sector to do this.'
Among fire services to face cuts are believed to be Devon & Somerset, where, according to a leaked document reported by the BBC, savings of £5.5m will need to be made.
Vij Randeniya, CFOA president, said: 'Sarah's appointment will allow us to continue to strengthen our brand, not only as a credible source of professional advice and services for our membership but also to continue to build relationships with government.
'It will also enable us to campaign more effectively on key policy issues.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...