Thomas Cook switches financial brief to FTI Consulting
Package holiday group Thomas Cook has switched its financial PR adviser as the company strives to continue its revival from the brink of bankruptcy.
Period of change: Travel firm Thomas Cook
The UK-listed travel firm has appointed FTI Consulting to handle its City PR account, moving it from former incumbent RLM Finsbury.
The decision comes after a tumultuous period for Thomas Cook, which appointed new chief executive Harriet Green in July last year following a series of profit warnings and an emergency bank loan of £200m before securing its future in May 2012 via a £1.4bn refinancing package.
As well as the refinancing deal, Thomas Cook also restructured its comms unit last year.
It hired Jenny Peters for the newly created role of group head of comms in November as part of a major management restructure designed to re-energise its business.
Both Peters and Green were formerly at electronics firm Premier Farnell, where Peters was head of corporate comms. FTI also handles the financial comms account of Premier Farnell.
Peters confirmed to PRWeek that the firm had appointed FTI Consulting.
RLM Finsbury previously supported Thomas Cook through its 2007 merger with MyTravel. The agency had handled the group's retained financial brief since mid 2010.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...