David Barker leaves Breakthrough Breast Cancer for Crohn's and Colitis UK
David Barker has left his post as director of comms at charity Breakthrough Breast Cancer to become the chief executive of Crohn's and Colitis UK.
Barker: appointed CEO of Crohn's and Colitis UK
He replaces Richard Driscoll, who is leaving the charity after 21 years at the helm to become a voluntary sector consultant.
Crohn’s and Colitis UK is a charity that aims to improve the lives of people affected by inflammatory bowel disease, of which the most common forms are Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. About 250,000 people across the UK are affected by the two conditions.
Barker was comms director at Breakthrough Breast Cancer for three years. Before this, Barker headed up marketing and communications for the British Heart Foundation for more than nine years, which he joined from his post as head of media relations at the Royal National Institute for the Deaf.
Barker joins Crohn’s and Colitis UK on 18 February, as the charity places heavy emphasis on communicating with and supporting younger members of society. The charity claims 10,000 of the 18,000 people diagnosed with the two conditions in the UK this year will be in their late teens or twenties.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Senior UX Designer Red Sofa London £60000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum, Benefits: Plus benefits, Greater Manchester