David Barker leaves Breakthrough Breast Cancer for Crohn's and Colitis UK
David Barker has left his post as director of comms at charity Breakthrough Breast Cancer to become the chief executive of Crohn's and Colitis UK.
Barker: appointed CEO of Crohn's and Colitis UK
He replaces Richard Driscoll, who is leaving the charity after 21 years at the helm to become a voluntary sector consultant.
Crohn’s and Colitis UK is a charity that aims to improve the lives of people affected by inflammatory bowel disease, of which the most common forms are Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. About 250,000 people across the UK are affected by the two conditions.
Barker was comms director at Breakthrough Breast Cancer for three years. Before this, Barker headed up marketing and communications for the British Heart Foundation for more than nine years, which he joined from his post as head of media relations at the Royal National Institute for the Deaf.
Barker joins Crohn’s and Colitis UK on 18 February, as the charity places heavy emphasis on communicating with and supporting younger members of society. The charity claims 10,000 of the 18,000 people diagnosed with the two conditions in the UK this year will be in their late teens or twenties.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...