Viacom hands W Communications corporate and digital brief
Broadcasting heavy hitter Viacom has brought in W Communications to look after MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central.
Viacom channel: Nickelodeon
Viacom International Media Networks - one arm of the wider Viacom business - will use the agency for corporate work highlighting its multi-platform activity.
Included in the new international brief is awareness-raising for events such as the MTV Europe Music Awards and promoting opportunities for commercial partnerships with the channels.
News of the appointment comes amid record ratings for the European awards, though US based MTV Video Music Awards - which the agency will not work on - saw viewer numbers halve last year.
W Communications head of media Becky Charles will lead the work and report to the VIMN Corporate Communications team.
Agency founder Warren Johnson said: 'It's an exciting time for Viacom as TV and digital collide to create a world of connected media and immersive experiences. Our role is to hero the amazing work its brands like MTV are doing.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...