ECB brings in Freuds for Twenty20 cricket brief
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has called in Freud Communications for work on its flagship domestic Twenty20 tournament ahead of the withdrawal of the competition's sponsor.
Champions: The Hampshire Royals won the Friends Life T20 in 2012
Insurance group Friends Life has elected to end its four-year sponsorship once the 2013 season is finished.
Freuds has been charged with spreading the word about the tournament following a competitive pitch.
The agency appointment also follows an ECB review of the county cricket schedule, with changes planned for 2014 including playing Twenty20 league games mostly on Friday nights.
Comms work will include developing the 'Something Completely Different' campaign promise from 2012.
Central to the ECB's positioning will be the message that the tournament is a unique sporting experience, with a focus on its fast pace and accessibility.
ECB head of marketing Will Collinson said: 'Freud Communications' proven pedigree will help us develop the brand promise of t20 cricket - "Something Completely Different" - and continue to raise the profile of this unique competition.'
Alluding to a cricketing programme that includes the Ashes series, a spokesperson for Freuds added: 'Cricket will be at the forefront of the sporting agenda next summer and we will look to capitalise upon that.'
PRWeek revealed last year that the work, previously handled by incumbent Frank PR, was up for grabs alongside profile-raising for other events including the Investec Series against New Zealand.
It is understood Frank did not repitch and that the organisation is still in talks over other aspects of its agenda.
The domestic Twenty20 tournament was launched in 2003, and will run from June to August this year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...