Icelandic low-cost carrier WOW Air appoints Rooster PR
WOW Air has turned to Rooster PR to help promote the recently-launched Icelandic airline in the UK.
WOW Air: Aiming to be seen as fun and low cost
Rooster will seek to raise public awareness of the WOW brand following a competitive pitch.
Rooster will develop and deliver a strategic mix of campaigns in the UK and manage all press relations for the airline.
The agency will also promote WOW air’s summer schedule, which will see the airline flying from London to Reykjavik 13 times a week, from June 2013.
Their messaging will focus on WOW’s positioning as a low cost airline that brings fun to flying.
This includes a bright purple colour theme, ‘tongue-in-cheek attitude’ and humorous on-board announcements.
WOW air was established in November 2011 by entrepreneur, Skúli Mogensen, who has over 15 years of international business experience.
Mogensen said the appointment came ahead during a ‘pivotal’ time as the company sought to increase its activity in the summer.
He said: ‘The UK is a key market for WOW air, so we are enthusiastic about having such a strong voice there.’
The Rooster team will report to Svana Fridriksdottir, Wow Air’s director of comms.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...