Hit or Miss? Sandals offers retort to Katie Price's media attack on its resort
Katie Price made headlines this week when a rant in her column for The Sun attacking resort brand Sandals backfired.
Price not right: Column criticised Sandals
Price said her wedding was almost ruined at the Royal Bahamian resort, that she was asked ‘are you a porn star?’ by a butler and that her wedding tent ‘looked like it came out of B&Q’. Sandals responded: ‘We are willing to offer her a refund on condition she does not choose our resorts for any future weddings or stays.’
How I see it
Nick Ede, director, EdenCancan
I’m a huge fan of Katie Price – no matter what people say, she bounces back more times than a Star Wars sequel and I cannot fault her business acumen.
However, Price is the poster child for courting publicity and the Sandals backlash is a clear example of the old adage ‘don’t bite the hand that feeds you’.
As much as I admire Price, you have to applaud Sandals for taking the bull by the horns and addressing the potentially negative PR surrounding her comments about the resort.
By offering a complete refund on the condition that she never returns to its establishment again, Sandals sent a clear message to distance itself from brand Katie Price, while at the same time capitalising on the hype to generate further column inches for itself.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...