Flack's week: Pointless public affairs, bobble hats and rambling
While most of the public affairs world had their eyes glued to Barack Obama's inauguration, the Insight Public Affairs team were tuned into account executive Rob Fuller's appearance on TV quiz show Pointless on the same afternoon.
Fuller: public affairs exec perplexed
There have been claims his shock early departure was down to his quiz partner, who was not an Insighter, letting the side down. Flack suggests a public affairs special of the show is needed, in the same vein as the celebrity version. It's called Pointless Celebrities you say? Oh ...
Be prepared to see a surprise spokesperson for Spielberg's Lincoln in an online promo for the film. The 'Prince of Darkness' himself Peter Mandelson draws on his own life and its parallels with the US president's in the video.
Those with youngsters may be surprised to discover Rocket of CBBC's Rocket's Island fame is Joe Gallucci, son of Lexis head Jason Gallucci. The proud MD told Flack that Joe has auditioned for the latest Sean Penn flick Crazy for the Storm, so watch this space ...
Meanwhile, over at the World Economic Forum in Davos, nothing sends out the message you are an all-powerful player in world leadership like a bobble hat. TLG was giving the woolly headware to journalists braving the Swiss climate. Clearly, nothing is likely to intimidate world leaders more than the sight of a journalist sporting a pom-pom ...
Also in Davos, yet headgear-free, were Edelman CEO Richard Edelman (left) and the FT's global comms director Emma Gilpin-Jacobs, with IMAX CEO Richard Gelfond.
When radio show Saturday Live put out a call for listeners' talents, Four Communications creative consultant Steve Gebbett knew his time had come. Having emailed in to say he could whistle and hum simultaneously, he found himself live on air. One-man-bands and beatboxers beware ...
PR is an uphill struggle at the best of times. It was fitting, therefore, that The Partners Group should mark 25 years in business by donning rambling gear. The agency is looking to raise £25,000 through a range of fundraising malarkey, including taking part in the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge. Masochism for a good cause - Flack raises a withered claw to salute you.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Business Development Manager - Augmented #AR Reality Digital Gurus £30000 - £45000 per annum + OTE Commission & Package, England
- Financial Client Service Director Elizabeth Norman International £10000 - £60000 Per Annum, London
- Head of Business Developement Elizabeth Norman International £60000 - £100000 Per Annum, London