Brunswick's Michael Buckley to join Facebook as comms vice-president
Brunswick Group's US managing partner Michael Buckley is leaving the agency for a top communications role at Facebook.
Facebook: New comms vice-president
Buckley will join Facebook in the US as V-P of business communications. Starting in March, he will be responsible for international, monetization, corporate, consumer and policy communications. He will report to V-P of communications and public policy Elliott Schrage.
A Facebook spokesperson said: 'Many on our team have known and worked with [Buckley] for years – both at Facebook and in previous jobs. He is passionate about communications and brings a wealth of experience to Facebook.'
At Brunswick, Buckley also serves on the firm's executive committee. Since joining the firm in 2001, Buckley has worked with clients including Facebook, AT&T, Chevron and Cisco on issues such as investor relations and M&A.
'The opportunity to work for a company that is literally changing the way the world connects is a remarkable one, and as a communicator I'm particularly drawn to the mission of making the world more open and connected. While leaving a rapidly growing and incredibly talented firm like Brunswick is never easy, I'm ecstatic that I will become a client,' Buckley said.
Before Brunswick, he served as senior MD and national director of the litigation group at Hill & Knowlton.
Joe Lockhart, former V-P of global communications at Facebook, left the social networking giant last October. Glover Park Group, a firm he co-founded, said last week that Lockhart would return to the agency as a senior adviser.
After a turbulent IPO last year, Facebook reported a 40% revenue increase to $1.59 billion during the fourth quarter of 2012. Brunswick worked with Facebook during its IPO process.
This article was originally published on PRWeekUS.com
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...