Plasma biotherapeutics firm CSL Behring calls in Pegasus for UK brief
CSL Behring, the international plasma protein biotherapeutics company, has appointed Pegasus to handle its UK comms following a competitive agency review.
Immune deficiency: CSL Behring makes drugs such as Hizentra
The pharma firm researches, develops, manufactures and markets biotherapies, which are treatments derived from human plasma or a recombinant equivalent. These treatments are used instead of chemicals to treat serious and rare conditions such as haemophilia and immune deficiencies.
Pegasus has been brought in as CSL Behring’s retained agency and will work directly with the in-house comms team, led by comms and e-business executive Becky Turner, for the ongoing brief.
Turner said the plasma protein industry ‘differs greatly from the traditional pharmaceutical sector and, therefore, has its own set of communications challenges’.
Due to the nature of rare coagulation and immunology diseases, the plasma therapeutics industry treats a small population of patients compared with the vast numbers served by traditional pharmaceutical clients.
This challenge is further reflected in production costs for plasma-derived medical therapies, which amount to 70 per cent of the selling price, compared with a 19 per cent production cost for chemical-based pharma products.
Jo Spadaccino, director of pharma and life sciences at Pegasus, will lead the account.
In October, the agency bolstered its pharma and life sciences team with three hires – Simon Grist as associate director, Darren Foan as account manager and Joanna Hobbs as a junior account executive.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...