Kenya seeks agency roster for global tourism support
The Kenya Tourism Board is to hire a roster of PR firms to promote the country as a tourism destination worldwide.
Kenya: Seeking to boost tourism with agency roster
The organisation is accepting separate applications from agencies seeking to represent it in areas including the US, China, Europe, India and the Middle East. Separate submissions are required for each region, according to the request for proposal.
The winning firms will be charged with conducting trade awareness activities, such as organising workshops, seminars, events and tours of Kenya for groups including journalists.
The agencies will also be responsible for circulating positive publicity about the country from the perspective of commercial visitors and tourists. The agencies will be required to organise press conferences in select major markets to create a positive image of the country abroad.
The tourism board said that interested firms cannot represent other African destinations, including islands in the Indian Ocean. The deadline to apply is 25 February.
In 2011, 1.26 million people visited the country, compared with 1.1 million the year before, according to Kenya tourism ministry data. Full-year figures for 2012 have yet to be released, but officials expect a drop in visits due to concerns with regard to Islamist violence and the cost of landing rights.
A representative from the Kenya Tourism Board could not be immediately reached for comment.
This article was originally published on PRWeekUS
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...