Morrisons calls in Cake for own-brand clothing launch
Cake has landed a brief to help Morrisons launch Nutmeg, its first own-label clothing range.
Clothing range: Morrisons
Morrisons is the last of the 'big four' supermarkets to launch its own clothing range, and Nutmeg will compete with Asda's George, Tesco's F&F and Sainsburys' Tu.
It will be in stores at the end of March and will debut with an offer for children aged 0-12 and an 'essentials' range for all ages.
Following a three-way pitch, Cake's team will develop and implement a consumer PR launch strategy as well as managing ongoing press office activity for the launch.
Michele Charles, head of PR and social media at Cake, will lead the account, reporting to Eileen McGuinness, head of consumer media and brand campaigns at Morrisons. McGuinness said the agency would take 'a fun, family-focused approach'.
It is the first time Cake has worked for Morrisons, which used Focus PR to help launch an online wine offering in September.
Supermarket clothing sales grew 6.2 per cent in the year to November 2012, according to research from Kantar Worldpanel in January.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...