Sony reviews US consumer electronics support
Sony Electronics is in the early stages of a pitch process in the US for its consumer electronics business, putting incumbent Atomic on alert.
Sony: Reviewing US agency
Sony's director of comms Valerie Motis said it is 'early on in the process,' and the review was something the 'procurement department requires every now and again' to make sure the business is getting the services it needs for the right price.
'We want to be sure that we're doing the right thing agency-wise going forward,' said Motis, adding that Sony has also changed its comms goals slightly, but declined to give further details on its new objectives or the review.
Sony Electronics appointed Atomic US as its retained agency for PR and social media in May 2011. The agency handles all PR, social media and digital for the company's PCs, tablets, cameras, camcorders, home theatre and audio products, as well as for Sony retail stores.
Last May, Atomic opened an office in Orange County, California, to support three clients, one of which was Sony. The firm previously worked with car audio and home entertainment company Pioneer Electronics, but resigned the account to work with Sony.
Atomic representatives could not be immediately reached for comment.
Sony called a pitch at the beginning of the year for its retained PR business for Hong Kong.
This article was first published on PRWeekUS.com
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £55k - £60k, London, Soho
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...