Victoria MacCallum to cover Emily Tofield as Cabinet Office head of comms
Cabinet Office head of comms Emily Tofield is to hand over the reins as she prepares to go on maternity leave.
Emily Tofield: going on maternity leave
The former BBC staffer is to leave midway through next month. Her role will be temporarily filled by Victoria MacCallum, currently senior campaign manager at the Prime Minister’s Office.
Tofield, who is expected to return to the role by the end of the year, said: ‘The team is working on some big and very exciting projects this year, so I’m pleased that Victoria will be covering during my maternity leave.
‘Victoria will bring with her some great experience from working on some of the Government’s key strategic comms campaigns, as well as from her time as a chief press officer in the Foreign Office and the Department of Health.’
PRWeek revealed in June 2011 that Tofield had been brought into the newly created role to help tackle, among other things, the issue of public sector cuts.
MacCallum currently plans and oversees strategic campaigns on cross-government policies. She joined theNumber 10 team in 2011 from the Foreign Office, where she led on consular media during the Arab Spring.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...