Former science funding comms chief launches agency
An agency has been launched with a focus on university scientists and research groups, called Matter PR.
David Reid: Launching a new agency
It is led by David Reid, the former comms chief for the UK’s science funding agency, the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
The company plans to specialise in helping science and engineering organisations connect with stakeholders.
Reid said: ‘Long-term economic growth is the UK’s number one priority and science is vital to achieving that but we need to be better at creating an environment where science is valued and respected and government investment in it receives widespread support from the public and business community.
‘Matter PR was set up to help address this problem and work with leading research centres to raise their profile, engage with the public, and convince those in power of its value.
'We want to use our passion for science to help researchers develop innovative ways of communicating - activities that break through the noise and really connect with the public or government ministers and leave them wanting more.'
Matter PR’s first client is Fraunhofer UK, a branch of Europe’s largest application-oriented research organisation.
It will manage the national launch later this year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...