Frank to help relaunch Winnie-the-Pooh for digital generation
The publishing house behind a digital relaunch of iconic children's literary character Winnie-the-Pooh has hired consumer PR help for the project.
Digital focus: Winnie-the-Pooh
Egmont Press is to relaunch the classic Winnie-the-Pooh range under the new branding ‘The Bear For All Ages’ and has called in Frank PR to help handle the process.
Frank will also support the launch of a Winnie-the-Pooh app in May 2013, which will include the full text of the stories, together with an unabridged audiobook and interactive features.
Andrew Bloch, group MD and founder of Frank, said the agency’s brief was to ‘introduce a whole new generation of children to this endearing and beloved franchise’. He added: ‘We jumped at the chance to work with Egmont on Winnie-the-Pooh and have spent many a nostalgic afternoon reading the books.’
The agency will report to Jo Hardacre, publicity manager at Egmont.
Winnie-the-Pooh was created by A. A. Milne in a collection of stories in 1926. Disney made its first cartoon based on the characters in 1966.
Egmont Press’ heritage in children’s classics includes books featuring Tintin and Postman Pat.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...