Threepipe to merge with Blowfish Digital
Threepipe has bolstered its digital offering by merging with digital marketing agency Blowfish.
Merger: Blowfish digital MD Farhad Koodoruth will own 50 per cent
The founders of the PR agency, Eddie May and Jim Hawker, will each own 25 per cent, while Blowfish Digital's Farhad Koodoruth will own 50 per cent. The company will still be known as Threepipe.
Alongside PR, the new outfit will include specialists across digital marketing, media planning, SEO and data analytics.
May said the merger followed the two agencies working together on clients, including the Football League.
He added: 'We've been integrating social media and content into our PR campaigns for years, but we saw the need to offer clients a wider range of skills, giving us the ability to create properly integrated and effective campaigns, all under one roof.'
Threepipe's original team of 30 will now work with Blowfish Digital's 20 staff in a new office in Holborn.
The move is the latest example of the industry reacting to the expansion of digital comms. Major developments last year included Bell Pottinger launching Wired and GolinHarris acquiring Fuse.
May pointed to the 'struggle' that the PR industry faced regarding evaluation, adding that digital expertise would help to provide proof of ROI.
He said: 'We think one of the benefits of merging with Blowfish will be that the digital marketing world is a lot further ahead when it comes to showing ROI. While you've had some agencies toying around the edges of digital, we're leaping in with both feet.'
The new agency will combine Blowfish's clients, which include Four Music, eBay and Ted Baker, with those of pre-merger Threepipe. These include Stella Artois, Ericsson and Leapfrog.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...