David Gallagher replaces Avril Lee as Ketchum CEO
Ketchum UK CEO Avril Lee has stepped down with immediate effect and is to leave the agency in April after ten years.
Avril Lee: Ketchum CEO for two years
It is not clear whether Lee, who told PRWeek she was 'looking forward to taking on a new and exciting challenge that delivers full integration to clients', has a job to go to.
The CEO role has been taken over by Ketchum’s Europe CEO and UK chairman David Gallagher. An agency spokeswoman said he would be in the role ‘indefinitely’.
Gallagher said: 'We are grateful for Avril’s achievements during her time at Ketchum. We thank Avril for her many years of service and wish her all the best.'
Lee worked her way up to partner level at the Omnicom-owned agency, rising through its healthcare practice, and was appointed UK CEO in February 2011.
Lee said: 'I have decided to leave Ketchum having spent nearly ten years at the company. I’ve run Ketchum London successfully for many years now, most recently as CEO for two years and before that as Deputy CEO for several years.
'In this time I’ve achieved many of my professional goals and worked with world leading clients on fantastic campaigns as well as adding innovative new offers and service in London.
'It has also been great to see this recognised with numerous agency awards in the last few years.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...