News International's Daisy Dunlop heads stateside for News Corp role
News International's corporate affairs head Daisy Dunlop is set to move to New York for a strategy role at News Corporation's international publishing spin-off.
News International: Dunlop to move on after 12 years
Dunlop is currently head of external comms and corporate affairs at the UK-based publisher of The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times but will become vice-president, strategy and planning, in the new company.
The new company is to be created by the forthcoming demerger of News Corp's publishing businesses, which include News International, and education assets from its cable, television and film businesses.
The publishing company will keep the News Corp name and will be led by CEO Robert Thomson.
Dunlop will report to chief creative officer Will Lewis, formerly News International’s general manager, and chief strategy officer Anoushka Healy. Healy was previously group managing editor of The Times and Sunday Times.
Guto Harri, director of comms at News International, said: ‘Daisy has shown a deep commitment to News International and served the company with great professionalism over many years and through extremely difficult times. She will be sorely missed though her colleagues and friends will be delighted to see her move into such an interesting a pivotal role in New York.’
Dunlop, who will start the role next month, has worked at News International for the past 12 years.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Bespoke Print Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Head of Marketing - Commercial/B2B Berwick Partners Excellent basic plus benefits, Central London/Berkshire
- Account Manager (2 months) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London