Matt Lambert exits Betfair for shale gas firm role
Matt Lambert, a former Microsoft director of corporate affairs, has quit Betfair after a year to join controversial shale gas exploration company Cuadrilla.
Cuadrilla role: Lambert will direct government and public affairs
The firm hit the headlines in 2011 when two minor earthquakes in Lancashire were linked to its exploration activity in the region. Operations were suspended pending a government review.
Lambert has joined Cuadrilla in the new role of government and public affairs director, reporting to chief executive Francis Egan. The news comes two months after the Government announced exploration could resume subject to tougher controls.
The Department of Energy and Climate Change said it planned to introduce a new regulatory body, called the Office of Unconventional Gas and Oil.
Cuadrilla is now attempting to secure planning permission and regulatory approvals for further exploration activity in Lancashire.
According to Lambert, Bell Pottinger has been advising the company on government and external relations and will continue to do so. In addition, stakeholder engagement agency PPS is helping Cuadrilla consult with the Lancashire community.
Betfair, the online betting exchange, is not directly replacing Lambert. His duties have been divided between Martin Cruddace, group director of legal and corporate affairs, and Susannah Gill, UK head of public affairs.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...