Apple strengthens corporate comms with hire of Rolls-Royce's Josh Rosenstock
Apple is seeking to bolster its European corporate comms firepower with the hire of a senior figure from international aerospace firm Rolls-Royce.
Squaring up: Apple wants to boost European corporate firepower
PRWeek understands Rolls-Royce’s director of external comms Josh Rosenstock is to join the global tech giant in the coming weeks.
It is thought Rosenstock will join Apple as director of corporate comms for the Europe, Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) region in a newly created role.
One source with knowledge of the move said the ‘heavyweight’ hire was a reflection of Apple’s desire to grow its corporate affairs capabilities as it becomes increasingly drawn into global regulatory and political issues.
The brand has been involved in a high-profile, multi-jurisdiction legal battle against Samsung over a range of intellectual property rights issues. Various cases have gone through courts in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and The Netherlands.
Apple has also been dragged into the corporation tax debate in the UK after it emerged the company had paid less than two per cent corporation tax on its profits outside the US in 2011/2012.
Another senior comms source added: ‘This is an acknowledgement from Apple there’s a need for wider horsepower when it comes to links with Whitehall stakeholders. ‘As Apple becomes an institution in its own right it needs to upskill in this area.’
It is thought Rosenstock will report to Alan Hely, senior director, corporate comms, EMEIA, Apple Europe.
Rosenstock has worked at Rolls-Royce Group for more than four years and was previously head of corporate comms at financial tech firm Misys and head of comms at RWE Thames Water.
Apple said it did not ‘comment on appointments’. Rosenstock could not be reached for comment, while Rolls-Royce did not respond to calls.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...