NHS Confederation appoints Matt Tee to lead comms
Matt Tee, the former permanent secretary for government comms, has been called in by the NHS Confederation to lead its comms and member engagement operation.
Matt Tee: joining NHS Confederation
He is taking the new role of chief operating officer at the membership body, which represents NHS service providers, from hospitals to GPs.
Tee, who has been running his own PR firm Reputate since leaving his government position in April 2011, will join after Easter and will report to chief executive Mike Farrar. He said he would continue to work with Reputate 'where appropriate'.
Tee told PRWeek: ‘We are at a time when there is less money available to the NHS and difficult decisions need to be made about where services are concentrated.’
He added that his main responsibilities would concern member engagement, identifying issues within the health service by visiting hospitals and GPs, and providing a ‘credible link’ to communicate those issues to journalists, government ministers and important stakeholders.
Tee will also be responsible for building commercial partnerships.
He said the NHS had been slow to ‘rise to the challenge of digital’ comms so far, which he intended to change. Digital is no longer an ‘optional comms channel’ but an ‘absolute core part of how the NHS does its job’, Tee added.
He also confirmed that the organisation would ‘play a part’ in the Department of Health’s new joint proactive comms strategy.
In addition to hiring Tee the confederation has appointed its associate director, Dr Johnny Marshall, as director of policy.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...