Nick Band relaunches Berlin with former Band & Brown colleague Fiona Longhurst
Ex-Band & Brown Group CEO Nick Band has relaunched his agency Berlin after being forced to close it amid legal wrangles last year.
Nick Band: Pairing with Fiona Longhurst
Former Band & Brown Communications MD Fiona Longhurst will also be running the venture.
Berlin’s previous incarnation was shut down last February only a month after its launch.
Band, who was legally barred from running the agency until last December by Band & Brown Group (now called Citizen Brando), said:
‘I’ve been sitting around on the periphery of PR for the past year and it’s been very useful in that it’s given me the opportunity to look in from the outside and consider how I can improve the agency model.
‘What struck me was that clients want experienced people and they often don’t get them, and that they want lower costs. This is about responding to that.’
The agency will be online-only and will use a network of more than 50 freelancers, with a core consultancy team that includes former Time Out editor Mark Frith.
It is understood that there will be a strong focus on strategic and creative consultancy, with members of the wider collective still able to work with their own clients.
Berlin was originally launched shortly after Band’s departure from Band & Brown Group, and after Band & Brown merged with sister agency Brando to form Citizen Brando.
However, the agency closure was forced on the belief that it was direct competition to Citizen Brando, breaking a restriction of Band’s employment contract.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...