The Red Consultancy wins image-boosting brief for bread
Big-name brands in the baking industry have handed a six-figure account to The Red Consultancy to promote the health benefits of bread.
Kingsmill: Federation of Bakers member
The agency has been appointed following a pitch launched by the Federation of Bakers, which includes Kingsmill, Hovis and Warburtons as members, and the Flour Advisory Bureau (PRWeek, 2 November 2012).
Red has been asked to educate the public about sliced bread and bust ‘negative myths’ about its health
The UK baking market was worth £11bn in 2012, and has grown an average of two per cent annually since 2006.
However, a rise in bread prices following the worst harvest in two decades last year sparked negative publicity, while in November, Hovis announced plans to make 900 redundancies.
Red has been charged with reaching consumers through a variety of channels from traditional media to experiential, with the work set to last at least a year.
The agency’s director, Georgie Chapman, said: ‘Bread has increasingly come under attack, falling victim to fad diets and negative myths. This campaign is about stating the case for sliced bread in a confident and positive way.
‘We will be talking to health, food and women’s media, as well as directly to the public.
‘There will be some eye-catching stories, which will allow us to celebrate bread, often with a trademark British sense of humour.’
Red will report to Gordon Polson, director of the Federation of Bakers, and Alex Waugh, director general of the National Association of British & Irish Millers.
The Federation of Bakers represents the interests of the UK’s largest baking companies and nine member companies, while the Flour Advisory Bureau works to inform the public on issues around flour and bread.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...