Huawei hunts for agency assistance
Chinese telecoms brand Huawei is seeking comms help as it aims to crack the UK market.
Huawei: 4G compatibility
PRWeek understands the world’s second-largest telecoms equipment maker is looking for an agency to promote its products.
The hunt comes as Huawei launched the Ascend P2 mobile handset at this week’s Mobile World Congress.
However, it is yet to become a major player in the UK, where it recently launched a publicity programme flagging its 4G compatibility.
The consumer-facing work is believed to include a press office function, and cover a range of Huawei goods including handsets and tablets.
Incumbent Fleishman-Hillard, which recently won a global brief with Samsung, declined to repitch.
Last September, PRWeek revealed that the agency had lost b2b and corporate work to Pelham Bell Pottinger and Harvard PR.
Huawei is to invest US$2bn (£1.2bn) in expanding its operation in Britain, creating about 700 jobs over the next five years.
A spokesman for Huawei confirmed that a pitch process was taking place.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...