Giles Read joins Hill+Knowlton from ArcelorMittal
Hill+Knowlton Strategies UK has expanded its issues and crisis management team with the appointment of Giles Read as a director.
Read has returned to H+K from ArcelorMittal, where he was general manager and group head of media relations.
In January, H+K EMEA crisis comms leader Tim Luckett was promoted to co-chair of global crisis comms and risk management, and crisis comms associate director Duncan Gallagher departed for Edelman.
Read will work closely with Luckett, providing corporate reputation support and ?rolling out H+K’s proprietary crisis simulation tool, Flight School.
Read has more than a decade’s experience at H+K, Lewis PR and The Red Consultancy.
While at ArcelorMittal, he was responsible for promoting, protecting and monitoring the reputation of the Fortune 100 steel and mining firm.
He also managed comms around group-level financial and corporate disclosures and implemented a global social media policy for staff.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...