Former BSkyB and FA comms chief Julian Eccles to join Millicom
Luxembourg-based mobile telecoms firm Millicom has hired Julian Eccles to lead its comms function.
Julian Eccles: Joining Millicom
Eccles will join the firm, which provides mobile services across Latin America and Africa, as VP, corporate comms in March.
Eccles most recently served as director of marketing and comms at The Football Association – working at The FA for less than a year before resigning in May 2011.
Before the FA role, Eccles built considerable experience in media and telecoms as director of comms and corporate affairs at BSkyB for over five years and subsequently as comms director at UK telecoms regulator Ofcom.
He has also worked as a special adviser in the department for culture, media and sport.
Eccles will head Millicom’s public and media relations and internal communications, reporting to group president and CEO, Hans-Holger Albrecht.
The Stockholm-listed firm employs more than 8,000 people and provides mobile services, access to the internet, content and financial services to over 45 million customers.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...