AugustaWestland external affairs chief promoted to global role
Gerry McFall, the UK head of external affairs at Anglo-Italian helicopter company AgustaWestland, has been elevated to manage global public affairs.
McFall is moving his family to Milan, where the company is headquarted, having been given the new role of global head of public affairs and communications campaigns.
It is not clear at this stage whether AgustaWestland, which is part of Italian engineering company Finmeccanica, is recruiting a replacement.
AugustaWestland is the Ministry of Defence’s number one helicopter supplier. It is seeking to win the Search and Rescue contract with the Civil 189 in a bid to accelerate the diversification of its business.
Its aim is also to win some key export programmes with support from the government.
McFall was in the role for three and a half years following earlier jobs as an associate director at Bell Pottinger, a researcher for John Grogan MP and a qualified electrician.
He said: ‘The global helicopter market is extremely competitive, with only a few companies that have the ability to design, develop, build, support and modify helicopters. We have that in the UK.
‘The global drive for exports is pushing the sector through enormous change and that presents both great opportunities and significant challenges for everyone in the industry. My objective is to help rise and deliver on some of these challenges.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...