Forster Communications called in for joint national parks brief
Two of England's national parks are launching a comms drive to get people to adopt lower-pollution travel.
South Downs: Lower-pollution travel
Forster Communications has been called in by the South Downs National Park Authority and New Forest
National Park Authority for a joint brief on the issue.
The two-month project will see the development of a strategic comms and stakeholder engagement plan
designed to encourage visitors to use alternative modes of transport to and within the two parks. It is part of a successful joint bid by the parks to the Department for Transport Local Sustainable Transport Fund for £3.81m.
The win followed a competitive tender process. Forster’s appointment is understood to have been influenced by previous experience in advising on travel-related behaviour change for clients including the DfT and Sustrans.
Andrew Lee, director of strategy and partnerships for the South Downs National Park Authority, said: ‘As the closest national park to London in the most populous part of the country, it’s vital that we enable more people to use public and sustainable transport.
‘Many visitors choose to travel by car through convenience or because they are not aware of alternatives, so we need to make choices easy and compelling.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...