Southbank Centre appoints London Communications Agency for major revamp
London's Southbank Centre has drafted in comms support amid efforts to treat a multimillion pound revamp 'like a cultural exhibition'.
The Southbank Centre: Set for redevelopment
London Communications Agency (LCA) has been called in following a pitch process as the largest single-run arts centre in the world launches a major redevelopment.
The agency will provide stakeholder management, public consultation and media relations consultancy on an ongoing basis as The Festival Wing undergoes a transformation set to be outlined later this week.
Jonny Popper, MD of LCA, will report to Edward Venning, director, comms and marketing at the Southbank Centre for the ongoing brief.
Popper said that early stage comms would begin with a public consultation programme kicking off this month.
'The transformation will be maximising the space available for the use of arts and culture, and really engaging with people,' he said.
'As such, the Southbank Centre is treating this consultation in the same way they would treat a major cultural exhibition on the site, with several interactive elements.'
Likely targets for comms engagement will include visitors to the site and political stakeholders such as Lambeth Council, he added.
The Festival Wing includes the Queen Elizabeth Hall, Purcell Room and Hayward Gallery.
The launch of the project follows a successful first-stage application for £20m in funding from Arts Council England.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...